Re: RC: Re: Fw: Re: Dance Line

I'm not missing the point.  But, we do things to these
animals that we don't consider pain...maybe they do.  They
can't talk to us, we don't know where their pain is until it
exhibits itself in lameness or sore horse.  They could've
been experiencing pain (duh) long before that.  All I was
trying to say is that we try out best with them and when we
screw up (humans are humans) we owe it to them to provide
them best medical care we can.  Afford is probably a bad
choice in words...I know I have a running bill with my cat's
vet...well with 3 cats what do you expect???<vbg>  Then
again, the horses vet is always paid in full every month.
Now, who do you think requires more constant attention, the
cats or the horse???

I don't believe it is a debate on RC how much we care for
our horses.  It seems to be a given that everyone here
provides the best care possible.  But, we are "forcing them
into the service of man".  Therefore, we are going to make
mistakes with them.  Hopefully, none are as dramatic as
Howard's, but they are going to happen.  I was just saying I
wish I could live by the credo...and never inflict my
mistakes on my horse.....you know what, I can't.  And any
honest human being out there will agree that they can't
either.
Diane