From: GrgGmiller@aol.com [mailto:GrgGmiller@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 4:08 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Horse Training HELP!

I need some advice from the experienced riders out there, preferrably with
dressage & endurance experience........
I bought my first young horse 2 yrs ago, trained her myself with the help of

John Lyons video tapes .  All went well for first 15 months, until she
approached 4  1/2 yrs old.  I started taking dressage lessons with her and
asking for light contact.  Within 3 months of lessons, I have gotten
"bronc'd" off twice.  Once on the trail after crossing water on a loose
rein,
 and once in the arena practicing 20 meter circles at the trot.  Thinking I
might need her and me in full dressage training, I changed instructors.  My
mare has been in full training for 4 months now.  The trainer says that it
will be another 6 months before she is ready to take out on the trail, that
she is very insecure and I am too novice to handle her on the trail.  It is
costing $800 per month to train her and me.  At this rate, I will have a
$10,000.  5 yr old trail arabian!  I have been riding horses for 5 years, 5
days a week, taking dressage lessons constantly.  I am competent, but not
highly experienced.  MY QUESTION:  Does this sound normal, or is my pocket
book the one getting trained?
P.S.  The instructor loves to tell me how uncapable I am and how everytime I

ride her, she (the trainer) has to spend 2 days fixing her.  I have lost all

confidence in myself and my decisions.  HELP.
BON

- JENKENS & GILCHRIST E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE -
This transmission may be: (1) subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege, (2)
an attorney work product; or, (3) strictly confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or
disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.