new SS query

I had  a SS imported at great expense to here in the Uk. My horse seemed
happy enough with the saddle when ridden but hated the rigging. It sat about
five inches back from his elbow ( his girth line is set back furhte than
normal), what he hated was the western cinch being tightened as he hates
girthing up. He also used to 'hide' at the back of the stable when I
appeared with the saddle so somethign obviously upset him. Dosnt do this
with his current saddle a cheapo Wintec GP.

 Anyway I had two problems:

1. he usually tended to strech his neck down to the ground when trotting fat
as though he had a shoulder/ wither problem. the Chiro found tightness in
the withers when his back was checked at the end of last season.

2.  I had awful hip problems which lead me to sell the problem. Literally
collapsed after one ride, dont have this problem with a normal GP.

 I hadnt considered that this may have been caused by my horses action,
rather than the saddle. Due to a previous back injury my horse tends to
travel almost in shoulder in with his right shoulder leading and left hind
pushing. I suspect with a treeless saddle the torque this caused generated
my hip problem.  With a normal GP I have no such problem. BUT and its a big
but, the Gp slips to the right due to my horses movement and muscle
development. So whilst the Gp suits me it will probalby end up damaging him,
and vise versa with the sports!

I honestly didnt realise this movement problem affected my saddles fit
 think I knew it subconsciously) but a classic trainer was on the same  ride
as me yesterday and pointed this out , and it ties in with my saddlers
measurements of my horse.

Anyone else had similair problem with the sports, or with their horse for
that matter? If so how did you ovecome it?

 I really subscribe to the idea of a treeless saddle but am to poor at the
moment to do mcuh. Am seriously considering developing a GP pad saddle for
myself out of desperation.

Tamara