From: Beth Glace [mailto:lb@nismat.org]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 8:08 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: (Fwd) Placement of Sport Saddle

Hi Jeri,
well, you could be right about where I am placing it.  I have been
placing it just behind her shoulder blades.  You are supposed to
place it over the shoulder blades??  This might be an even worse
problem for her.  She is half Standarbred, with big shoulders and a
big stride.  Wouldn't placing the saddle on the shoulder blades
result in tenderness, or limit their way of going?
Thanks for your help, everyone!
Beth
.  The sport saddles I've seen fit like a western
> saddle, with the front of the saddle going over the horse's shoulder
blade.
> Maybe you are trying to position it like an english saddle, and placing it

> too far back.  Good luck, jeri

Beth Glace, MS, CDN
Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma
Lenox Hill Hospital
New York, NY