Re: Horse Training HELP!

I, too, think you have answered your own question.  My suggestion from a
person with no formal training would be to find a "mentor" in endurance and
go RIDE, really RIDE.  A good mentor is more valuable than gold.  You need
your confidence built up, not torn down.  Your instructor is why I have
shied away from lessons though I have recently met a gal that I think I
could learn from and may give it a shot.  I have always wanted to.  $800 a
month!! That makes me a little queasy!!  $10,000 trail Arab!!  That makes
me a little light headed!  :)  Come on, folks.  There must be someone out
there willing to do some trail riding/mentoring with this gal and her
horse.

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657
http://www.netonecom.net/~mmieske
mmieske@netonecom.net

----------
> From: GrgGmiller@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: RC:  Horse Training HELP!
> Date: Monday, March 20, 2000 5:08 PM
>
> I need some advice from the experienced riders out there, preferrably
with
> dressage & endurance experience........
> I bought my first young horse 2 yrs ago, trained her myself with the help
of
> John Lyons video tapes .  All went well for first 15 months, until she
> approached 4  1/2 yrs old.  I started taking dressage lessons with her
and
> asking for light contact.  Within 3 months of lessons, I have gotten
> "bronc'd" off twice.  Once on the trail after crossing water on a loose
rein,
>  and once in the arena practicing 20 meter circles at the trot.  Thinking
> might need her and me in full dressage training, I changed instructors.
My