real gas out issue

Hey friends! Thought I would send this out ! :-)   The gas out is just
something pretty silly if you think about it. By not buying gas for
three days, we think it will make a big enough difference? Then everyone
ends up rushing to the stations to fill up the night before and the day
after, we're really not doing much good.
   The fact is, that last years gas out was a bust. Sure there was
people that stayed away from the gas station last year on the date
planned, but it wasn't enough to make any impact but make us look
foolish. I don't know if you guys remembered not to fill up but when the
day came last year it completely slimmed my mind *LOL And I'm sure alot
more people did the same. We want to make a difference, sure. And this
sudden increase in gas prices is completely ridicules!! $2.00 for
gas!!!! give me a break, you know. I don't know about you but I sure CAN
NOT afford this.
    But I don't know that we could make a big enough impact to make them
lower the prices. That's the sad truth.
    Although, I  do think fighting like this is the right thing to do.
If we can show them that we are at least trying ot make a difference and
that we are sick of this, they might figure something out. But we'd have
to do an offal lot to do that.
Just my thought :)~~
Warmly,
Kim