Re: Re: Horse slaughter

But it is not so much that they
> have to do it because of economics, but that there is no ethical reason
not
> to - ............................other folks have as much
> right to sell their horse for slaughter as the chicken farmers.

I don't think that the problem is with choosing to send the horse to
slaughter. The problem arises because of the *way* most horses are
transported and treated (or not treated) until the moment of their demise.
What I hear in these discussions is not so much wanting to decide for others
what decision they should make, but more an expression of concern for the
treatment of the animal. And I think it has been well documented that the
treatment of horses sent to slaughter is far less than humane in most cases.
This is a compassionate concern that one would hope would be considered by
anyone selecting a method to end the horse's life.
Pat Super