Sports saddle slippage.

I recently invested in a sports saddle which I am very happy with. however
I have one problem, I also
bought a toklat woolback pad with equalizer inserts. No matter what I do
the damn thing slips back taking the saddle with it!

I initially tried a friends sports saddle with the toklat equalizer pad
with a cotton top. This was shaped along the spine like the saddle and did
not move( the woolbak is flat across the back)

Has any one else had the same problem, if so how did they get around it.
Also has anyone tried this saddle with a western blanket.

I ride with a breastplate but my horse ahs very big shoulders, a girth line
set quite far back  and one hell of a trot so most saddles tend to move a
little. I dont wish to change saddles as it suits my horse who has
previously had back injury which has put me of conventional treed saddles.

All suggestions ( polite ones ) gratefully received.

Tamara.