Re: Horse too fast!!

In a message dated 2/19/99 5:10:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, jlong@mti.net
writes:

<< A fit endurance horse will often drop into the 40's during a typical
 vet check.  There's no way he's made up his energy deficit in that
 time, nor cleared all the by-products of exercise from his system.
 The idea that an endurance ride is just a series of sprints with full
 recovery in between is ludicrous.>

Elsewhere, you'll read that I agree with you concerning the energy deficit.
What are these other nasty biproducts you're talking about? Would you please
name one? No help from the penut gallery--this is a test!

By the way, what's ludicrous is your reading ability. Please quote back the
line where I said "sprint".

 >By the way,
 >if you'd use CarboCharge or something like it, you'll have plenty of horse
 >left at the end of the ride.

 >Right, no need to find a genetically superior horse, no need to
 condition, no need to pace.  If your horse is tired after 50 or 100
 miles, you just ain't givin' him enough carbo!  Just giv'im Dr. Ivers
 Magic Elixer and let'im rip!>

Joe, I sincerely believe that I know more about conditioning horses than
you'll ever learn in a dozen lifetimes. Proud ignorance is a deadly disease.

 >Hey, Tom, do you throw in a set of Ginsu knives with every order?>

Haven't had to yet, but once there's competition, might have to. I'll keep you
in mind.

ti

 Joe Long >>