Re: COB and Oats

In a message dated 2/19/99 5:07:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Marsha.Taylor@Airliquide.com writes:

<<  I think he would turn his nose up at just

 plain old oats with cracked corn.  He has a sweet tooth!  Also my friend

 stated that feeding sweet feed induces profuse sweeting.  Comments???

If he's competitive and happy, don't fix what ain't broke. There is a
generalizd irrational phobia about body weight going around--especially at the
racetrack. You can claim a skinny Thoroughbred, start feeding him, let him
gain 150 lbs and you near-instantly have a better performer. The poor
performers, and the ones getting the most soft tissue injuries, are the skinny
horses. As long as you're doing appropriate levels of exerciswe, don't
worry--that's lean muscle mass.

ti