Both fats & carbs

First off want to say, I am learning alot from the discussion between
Susan and Ti plus their humor adds to it.

Question, and I do not have the nutritional know how and understanding
of how and when types of energy sources best benefit the endurance horse
but would like very much to know why not feed alittle of both fats and
carbs during training and competetion.   Would feeding fat only during
training and then switiching to carbs at the ride not cause problems
with the  system that has to change to a different energy source.  All
living creatures need both.  If you could explain in simple language,
would be appreciated. Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota