RE: Ponies

LOL!!!!  One shouldn't laugh this much when one is sick!  But I just
couldn't help it.  Between the coughing and the trying to keep my food down,
laughter isn't necessarily the best medicine.  But this is so typical of
EVERY SINGLE pony I've EVER dealt with or heard about.

I'm a small person and I learned to ride when I was 16 on a tough little
pony.  She never flipped the bit, but she'd sure try everything she could.
She acted like I was killing her any time I got on her.  And she would trot
the snot out of me (bareback, no less).  I'm surprised I ever stuck with
riding long enough to graduate to a small horse (much less the ~15.5 hand
appy I have now).  I'm so GLAD I did stick with it because, thankfully,
ponies AREN'T horses!  With all the stuff I put up with from horses, ponies
are so much worse!  They have no sense of personal space.  A pony I took
care of for two years stepped on me so many times because she thought it was
funny to see me jump and try to whack her to death.  Of course, all the fist
beatings I ever gave her didn't even move her over an inch, much less keep
her from stepping on me!  I swear ponies wear armor underneath all that
hair.  All I had to do to the Arabian (took care of him to ride, the pony
came with the deal) to keep him from stepping on me was raise my voice above
a whisper!  I'm glad I never had to ride Pony (she has another name, but
Pony just describes her to a T).  I feel sorry for those poor kids that have
to ride ponies until they are big enough to ride horses!

My 2 lira

April
Chattanooga, TN