Need help to get shooters and off roaders out

We, our community, have a problem  in our area with shooters/wanna be hunters
and off road vehicles.  I just came in from riding and was narrowly missed by
a quad runner going wide open around a curve.  I jumped my mule into some
heavy brush when I heard the engines and within 4 seconds of doing this a quad
runner blew by me.  I startled the driver and he almost lost control.  He
never did slow up.  His buddy never even saw me as he blew by.   Last summer
we had 30 people on a moonlight  trail ride.  We had stopped on a plateau
overlooking the valley.  There are absolutely no paved roads in this area.
Just a few homes, including mine.  A car came up the dirst road and sprayed
bullets at us.  Thank God no one was hit(including equines).  My house has
been hit with bird shot, my neighbor even hit by bird shot from hunters.
Morons show up with their guns and shoot at targets on top of hills or better
yet, propped up on boulders!  Ever heard the term ricochette?(sp)  I have had
bullets whiz past me from shooters shooting at targets they set up on top on a
hill and I was on the opposite side of the hill.  Several of us who live up
here have attended town meetings with our county supervisor.  He assures us
that signs will be posted for no hunting/shooting  or off roading.  Almost a
year later nothing has been done. I live in an area called Juniper Flats in
So. Ca.  We were on the news last fall for the fires that devestated our area.
We still have a very high fire area here.  WHO DO I CALL OR WRITE???  This has
to stop before someone else dies up here.  Yes, there was a hiker that took a
ricochette in the femeral artery and bled to death before anyone found him.
How do we get all of these fools to stay out of here??  Please e-mail me with
any suggestions you may have.   Thanks very much.    gesa