Re: Redmond salt vs salt block

This will give you all something to think about.

There are those of you who swear by Redmond salt there are those of you that
don't.  Here is one person who says it does not make much difference what
you use but the important thing is where it is placed!

For years we have has a "supplement station" in our pasture. this is a "Bar"
type setup between two trees with a salt block , a pan of loose salt , a pan
of Purina 12-12 and then another salt block.  This takes up  a space about
six feet long at chest height between the trees. There is a roof for weather
protection over head.

You have the picture now explain why the horses devour two salt blocks on
the left end compared to one on the right end. Both are the same block type
same salt same minerals. If I exchange the blocks when partially consumed
the action still takes place on the left!

Tried natural Rock Salt (we can get it in 10 lb chunks) and the horses would
not touch it at all.

This time of the year the loose salt gets little use but every evening after
the grain ration the block salt gets some action.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID