Re: Redmond salt vs salt block

Robert Morris wrote:

> This will give you all something to think about.
>
> There are those of you who swear by Redmond salt there are those of you that
> don't.  Here is one person who says it does not make much difference what
> you use but the important thing is where it is placed!
>
> For years we have has a "supplement station" in our pasture. this is a "Bar"
> type setup between two trees with a salt block , a pan of loose salt , a pan
> of Purina 12-12 and then another salt block.  This takes up  a space about
> six feet long at chest height between the trees. There is a roof for weather
> protection over head.
>
> You have the picture now explain why the horses devour two salt blocks on
> the left end compared to one on the right end. Both are the same block type
> same salt same minerals. If I exchange the blocks when partially consumed
> the action still takes place on the left!

If I remember this from before, Bob, isn't there a water tub on the
left?  I'd assume horses with wet drooly lips would make the left one go
faster, and also that they'd use the block(s) closest to the water tub.
. . of course, you could try putting a water tub at each end and see if
it makes a difference . . .

-Abby B