Re: cross cantering

The gelding I am referring to is 8 years old, incredibly athletic and agile.
I don't know if this is a recent phenomena or not as I rarely lunge him,
usually only as a last resort if the weather is too nasty to ride.  I just
changed farriers about 12 weeks ago because I had a problem with him
constantly pulling shoes in the front.  After some discussion with another
farrier on the Anvil website, the conclusion was that his feet were not
being leveled precisely enough to avoid the reaching problem.   After
changing farriers, for the first time in about two years, he's keep all four
shoes on for the entire 8 weeks.  So I think that the farrier is doing a
good job.  Although, he (the horse) may have had to adjust a bit at first.

The majority of the responses have suggested Chiropractic care, which I am
most willing to do.  However, does anyone know of a reputable Chiropractor
in the Portland-Salem, Oregon area.  I haven't a clue where to find one.  I
live in Newberg, Oregon which is midway between Portland and Salem.  Will
haul him a reasonable distance if necessary.