cross cantering

Since it was pouring rain today I decided to work the horses in a friend's
arena.  I notice that my gelding when asked to canter to the right, began to
cross canter either from the take off or within a few strides.  To the left
he was fine.  What does this mean?  Is he weaker to on his right lead?  What
exercises can I do with him to get him more symmetrical?

Dawna Bynum-Boyd
HoofnFins@worldnet.att.net
or Dawnab@pdx.wantweb.net