CC & Multidays

k s swigart katswig@earthlink.net

Since I said I might do it, and since Karen has brought it up
and since I too am in the middle of packing for the DV 200 mile
ride where I will be riding DRAG (that means, finishing dead
last), I will briefly explain my statement in my last post
about CC being more beneficial to the tortises than the hares
in my experience.

So here it is briefly.

CC stimulates apetite.
CC speeds recovery.
CC provides small amounts of fuel to keep things
ticking along when it is a LOOOOONG time between meals (at multi
days in the desert with one vet check, your horse might get to
eat twice in 12 hours (if you take the whole time) unless you are
taking something along with you and CC packs easy (my horses
get grain too...because it also packs easy).

I have used it on top ten horses too, but that is a completely
different discussion (and it is used in a completely different
way--and I am packing so don't expect to hear about that any time
soon...if at all).

kat

p.s.  How _I_ use it???  I take it in film canisters in my
saddle pack and add water (can be done at a water stop, or can
be done from the water bottle) when I want to administer it.
Just thinking about pre-mixing it and the possibilities of
having that sticky goo all over my tack makes me cringe.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-