Re: RC: RC: Reply from an educated derelict

>I feel that the CC is most beneficial to a multi day horse, or probably
>a >100 mile horse.

Karen,

I don't want to get into any discussion of whether Carbo-Charge helps,
because I have NO experience with it.  What I commented on was that I
didn't think it was *required* to go fast.

When you say it's best for for multi-days... once more I have NO
experience with multi-days.  They're few and far between here and I
haven't hit one yet, so I'll take your word for it.   I think your case
is pretty exceptional.  You are putting an awful lot of miles on those
horses successfully, and it's nice that you let us know your secrets of
success.  Personally, I'd be sort of interested in what *you* eat that
keeps you so motivated. >g<

  When I hear people wondering if they should try it, and when I wonder
if *I* should try it, I'm thinking, "Will this make me faster?"  My horse
is doing fine on feed at his present level...but "will this help me go
faster?".  Maybe I missed the point, but when people suggested it's "the
direction the sport is going" I thought they were referring to the fast
100's for high stakes, not keeping horses going day after day on
multi-days.

 I guess that's the sort I'm insinuating is likely to "crash"... the
person looking for the "magic formula" to win.  You're right, it wouldn't
be because of the C-C.  It's the attitude I fear, not the supplement.
But Tom's been the one who's given me the impression that the whole point
of using c-c is to go faster.  He suggests that the level we're training
and competing at now is actually a walk in the park and the *real*
competition hasn't even showed up yet...once somebody takes endurance
training seriously and scientifically, the level of competition is going
to be much higher.  So, I took it that the C-C was in his mind the first
step in that direction.

Maybe if everyone could separate the discussion of Carbos from
discussions of Tom it wouldn't be such a volatile subject.  Once you
remove Tom's personality from the whole thing, it's a pretty drab
chemistry lesson.

To those who are trying it, I hope you post your results on ridecamp.  I
read them, and someday may want to try it if your results are promising
enough, and I feel I need it at the time.  And for those of us who are
going the less experimental route, I hope you won't run off some people
who are giving us advice on less exciting routes of feeding.

There's so much room for us to learn, but we can't learn from each other
if we stifle discussion.  Maybe people used to not post that they are
using carbos for fear of being flamed, but right now it seems the
pendulum has swung the other way, it's making me cringe to post that I
don't.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.