CC/molasses/corn syrup calories

ti and riders-question about calories- I don't know what the calories
per oz of CC is, but looked up molasses and corn syrup and it looks
like only about 160-200 per 60 cc syringe (~2 fl oz). How much are the
riders using who have tried the corn syrup/molasses route?

It seems that you'd have to give quite alot to a horse to get a blip?

And if the chromium gets the CC into the cells faster, doesn't that
undo the benefit of the slower release you were talking about of
the CC over several hours?

Haven't been competing in endurance for awhile, so have been really
interested in hearing the first-hand practical reports of those who are
competing-and using the CC successfully and unsuccessfuly. Since I have
done 100's with and without a crew, I am trying to envision the
practical side of administration. Sounds like a tricky problem getting
the right mix for the weather conditions so CC can be administered.
Maybe if you don't have a pit crew to keep it warm and meet you
frequently ,could you use those little reusable foot warmer hot packs to
wrap around the syringes in your pack. Have never handled the stuff so
don't have a clue.

Don't understand how you could squirt a watery mixture from a sports
drink bottle far enough in to get it to stay in there and get swallowed
unless the horse really liked the taste. My horse does seem to like it
if I squirt water into the side of his mouth from the bottle and I can
do that from onboard but he loses alot. Holding up his head with that
sticky stuff and having some run back down your arm sounds worse than
being splattered with electrolytes.

Please keep this stuff coming- it is fascinating to hear the discussion.
I like repetition in the discussion between ti, Heidi, Beth and Sarah-
the more I hear both sides- the more I can pick up. Alot of it is
meaningless to me though without hearing the first-hand reports of those
of you using the stuff and how exactly you are using it! So thanks for
jumping in.

To those of you monitoring glucose- when are you doing that in
conditioning and during a ride and where do you stick the horse?
Deb LaBerge