info. on endurance riding

From: Juliet Prerovsky
Email: Hrseygrl3@aol.com

Presently I am an active trail rider who has an arab that is fit as can be and was born to trail ride. I live in Elgin, Illinois and would like any info. on how to get started at competitive trail. I'm just a beginer at this so any advice is helpful. I used to show and have been riding for some time now but endurance is a bit different I'm guessing. I've been everywhere in Illinois, but have never heard of endurance riding organizations which I can participate. I'd like to start small not do 100 mile ride my first time out. Is there anything I should know before I get started? And please tell me info. on getting more involved in competitive trail riding on the 1st level. Thank you
Please e-mail since I'm not too familiar with this site yet. Hrseygrl3@aol.com