Re: Tailing

>Please Karen do explain in detail how you make the velcro attachment for
>the pommel. I for one would love to hear it. Sounds like a great idea.
>LYnette

Okay - hope I can explain this clearly enough.

Get about 1/2 yard of 2" wide sew on velcro.  Most fabric stores sell it by
the yard.

Then wrap one side (doesn't matter if it is the loop or the other - not
sure what it each side is called) around your pommel and give about a 2"
overlap. Cut off that piece.

Now cut off a 2" piece of the opposing velco and sew it to one side of one
end of the strip you cut to go around the pommel.  Say you use the loop end
of the velcro for the 2" part and the fuzzy side for the pommel part -
you'll want the fuzzy side up (so sew the 2" loop side to the bottom/smooth
side).

Now cut off about 6 or 8 inches of the opposing part of the velcro (to the
pommel piece you first cut).

Velcro the pommel piece onto your pommel.  Then, take the other strip you
cut and hold it on.  You'll want to attach it on the same direction you
have the pommel piece velcroed - so that when you pull up with it it won't
open up the whole thing.  Play with it a bit until you are comfortable with
how you want it, then sew the second piece onto the first one - just one
row of stitching across one end.  You should now be able to lay the top
piece down and it'll velcro onto the pommel piece.  When you left up, you
can insert your rope, reins or flashlight there and still have enough
overlapping to hold it with the velcro.

It is really not as difficult as it sounds - and the sewing part is only a
couple of seams, should only take 5 minutes once you get the design figured
out.

If I could just SHOW you guys it'd be a whole lot easier! <G>

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& Weaver