Re: Tailing

.I would prefer to leave both
>reins attached to his headstall and use
>a tailing line that clips to the
>reins and slides so I can have direct "steering" for both directions.

Ha, you seem to believe this will be a rather orderly procedure.  There's
not enough time for such as that.  Just jump off, hang onto that tailing
line (preferably quickly run through the stirrup to keep if from being
too low), and if you want the horse to go to the right, pull the tail
left, and tail left for horse right.  You probably won't have to steer,
he'll be in that "Horses went this way, so will I" mode.  That's fun when
they decide to canter....can you take really BIG steps?

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]