Re: Horse falling asleep??

In a message dated 2/2/99 2:40:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com
writes:

<< If I remember correctly, it is a neurochemical problem--sorry, would have
 go look up which neurotransmitters are involved, etc.  It is pretty rare, but
 does occur.  I know of one endurance horse in which the owner's vet is pretty
 sure that is the problem, but as to working it up, my understanding is that
 all they have done is eliminate every other metabolic cause they can think of
 (such as the things you have suggested) and they feel that by the symptoms
 there just isn't anything else it could be.  So that case is not conclusive,
 but very strongly suggestive of narcolepsy--I've seen the horse at rides, and
 would sure concur with the home vet's tentative diagnosis.

 Heidi

So what do you do about it?

ti