FW: Registration Fee

Steph,
I would also subscribe to this method, including the offer of a donation.
The most important aspect of whatever plan is adopted is a fool-proof method
of ensuring that subscribers have accurately and honestly identified
themselves.
Ray

---- Begin included message ----
On Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:39:27 -0500, Teddy Lancaster
<Teddy@runningbear.com> wrote:

>There are a LOT of "lurkers" who may not bother to pay the $10.00 and I am
>afraid we are losing a valuable audience.

I'd suggest to Steph that instead of a fee she go the public radio
route.  Keep the forum free (but require registration including
submitting your real name and address), but ask for donations to
defray the cost.  I'd be willing to contribute, and I bet there'd be a
lot of others who would too.  But the less-committed lurker (and
occasional posters) wouldn't be run off.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net