Re: RC: Re: Re: Uh-Oh! The LD thing again

Hey superpat, I agree.   25 miles is a novice distance.  It
is a stepping
stone into the longer distances of really endurance riding.
I think that a
first place horse on 25 milers should be the one with the
highest vet scores
out of say the top 20 horses.  Not the first one over the
line.  The newbies
get that top ten fever and figure that because their horse
is still hustling
on down the trail that it is fine.  A lot can be said for
adrenalin.    I
find it amazing how newbies can know so much more than an
experience ride
vet.   Most long time riders will do 25 mile workouts at
home to prepare for
, say, a 100 miler.  You newbies out there lurking.   Go to
a few rides and
offer your services as ride help.
Observe and ask questions.  Try to see what the vet is
seeing.  When you do
your first rides,  dont just be a rider on a horse,  be your
horses partner.
gesa n clovis   (flame away!!!!)