Re: Let's Discuss Worming

VMAXEPT Roger Rittenhouse wrote:

> say anyone - ie vets.. think the use of the cattle ivermect on the feed
> will work?  my vet in PA said it would and I did try it once.. no one
> died..it is cheaper.. but is it really safe and will it work ok  --
> using the cattle injectable but feeding it orally in the horses feed.

I have been doing this for 2 years with great results. I talked to two
vets about it, that I respect, and they said it was fine as long as the
horses eat all of the feed it is on. Since my horses usually lick their
feed pails clean, I don't worry about it and it sure is cheaper. The
cattle ivermec is the same thing as the horse ivermec, just in different
form. I do have one mare that will refuse to eat her feed if the ivermec
is on it. I have to buy the paste for her.

Lynette