Re: Trailer/truck/pulling

In a message dated 1/30/99 9:13:33 AM EST, riding101@hotmail.com writes:

<< BTW I really love my
 truck and would hate to have to start looking for another one. :-( Any
 help would be greatly taken. Since everyone tows their horses to rides,
 I sure someone has some ideas on do's and don't's. Thanks! >>

You do in fact have one of the smaller, less energetic full size pickups.  I
would recommend a two horse slant with a small dressing room that is a
gooseneck.  the gooseneck distributes the weight of the trailer much better
onto the truck.  You also need to take a close look at your bumper hitch, is
it a hole in your bumper that the ball fits into?  or is it a "Reese" type
hitch that is welded/bolted to your frame?  the latter is better.  Your
trailer will be safer and more stable if it is a gooseneck.  I have seen many
F150's pulling small goosenecks just fine.  Also, talk to your dealer about
the GVW and maximum towing weight for your truck, this will help you decide on
your trailer.
Leigh