Worming

My horses both receive the Ivermectin shot every three months... this has
been my vets recommendation.  I have never had any problems with this
routine, but have heard grumblings from others about this shot (no
specifics).  Are there concerns with this vaccination that I should know
about?  I have also wondered if I should also add Strongid to the
routine... twice a year?  Like I said both my horses are healthy and plump.
However, I have not yet competed on a rigerous schedule, and I hope to this
season.

Thanks,

Jennifer Layman, Goose & Hoo
Palo Alto, CA