Re: Information regarding McClellan US Cavalry Saddles

 Tracy
I am going to star this post by saying that I have only ridden in a McClellan
saddle once. I have known an endurance rider who swore by hers. Her Arab
however did develop two large hard bumps at the front shoulder, where the tree
ended. The bumps became the size of a fist. I do not know if it was the saddle
or the individual fit.

Remember the military planned on replacing horses quite quickly and did not
care about longevity, but rather that the troops got there in condition to
fight. If you go with the saddle just watch for pressure points.

Again these were just observations and the rider said it was very comfortable.

Jerald
Sandhaven Saddlebreds