RE: Information regarding McClellan US Cavalry Saddles

Here in South Africa a lot of the endurance riders use an adapted
McClellan saddle. It has the McClellan tree , but has some skirts  and
also the seat is filled in(padded)- therefore no hole down middle. The
tree still has the wide open gullet and the pads that sit on the back
are very broad and flat. I have just recently bought one and have tried
it on all 3 horses - one very stright flat backed narrow arab with good
withers. one broader backed older arab and my "little fat man" who has 2
years off- he is the only one I am having problems with as his belly is
so big at the moment the saddle keeps on slipping forward due to the
placement of the girth(supposed to stay back , but can't !!!!) Only
distance will tell if the saddle will continue too work on them - but it
is the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden in- my legs are in the
correct place for the firts time and it sure is difficult to fall out
of!!
Cindy