Endurance Horses

At the risk of being BURNED SEVERLY.............I will say it all comes
down to choice. My choice, your choice. Will I spend $5000 for a horse
that is "bred for endurance" has been wormed, shots, ect. or will I
spend $1500 for a horse with good conformation that has been wormed,
shots, ect. that didn't make it on the track or is someone's back yard
pet or is a rescue prospect. Well gee don't have to think long. Neither
horse is started, neither horse is proven which one would you buy????
You will spend an equal amount of time on either horse conditioning and
feeding them. So again which horse would you buy. Really think about it
and be honest with yourself. Don't we all look for that DEAL???? If you
have patience you can usually find that horse for $1500 and remember
A good rider can take a horse with good conformation,shots,worming,ect.
and get most any horse like this through a ride and eventually do well,
an un-knowledgeable rider or un-prepared rider can ruin a horse that is
proven, conditioned, and ready to go. Just my opinion. So go ahead burn
me now.
My heart goes out to breeder's who try. I am raising a foal now and he
is almost 2 I will NEVER get the price I would need to even break even
on him. He has been wormed,shots,ect. good conformation, but who knows
if he will make an endurance horse or not. Most likely he will, but I
will never raise another one it costs too much money, when I can go buy
one for $1500 or less most of the time if I take my time and look.