Re: Camp Food

I have to admit no apple I have ever attempted to carry has ever made it to a
vet check without massive hematomas after which I won't eat them (horse don't
care!) but haven't tried an orange.  The only banana I ever carried (that my
sister insisted I eat before riding off but which was just too much trouble!)
would have made a lovely banana bread, no mashing needed, when I arrived at vc
1.   I have found one brand of beef stick that I love... 2 gas stations sell
them in my area... the one keeps them in the freezer before putting them out to
sell and the other does not... I like the ones stored in the freezer...they tend
to not be so greasy and taste better.  I will freeze them myself if they haven't
already been.   I have from time to time forgotten one in my fanny pack and was
glad to find it later... maybe a little drier but still tasty.
Maggie