muscle atrophy...looking for advice

Hi gang,

I'll try to  make this quick, and apologise in advance for being slightly
off-topic. (The subject is my future endurance horse, does that count? :-))
 I have a 1 1/2 yo anglo-arab filly who nearly a year ago flipped herself
over a 5-ft fence and (presumably...nobody saw it happen) landed hard on
her rump.  She was very lame for about three weeks, unable or unwilling to
use her right hind leg at all... she would just pick it up and run
three-legged when forced to move.  The previous owner did not have her
vet-checked at this time, preferring to wait and see how she would do on
her own.

Now, almost a year later, she is sound (very!) .... runs and plays, uses
both leads equally, tracks up behind properly and is uses her hindquarters
well. My veterinarian cannot find any musculoskeletal problems but thinks
there may have been some minor nerve damage from her fall.  She has put on
quite a bit of weight since her ordeal but because she is growing fast,
still looks gawky and all angles. The only discernable "scar" from her
injury is a slight atrophy in her right gluteal muscles...her semi's and
lower thigh muscles appear the same on both sides.

Does anyone have any experience with an injury like this? I'd like to start
working with her on the longe and get her ground-driving a little in the
spring, and was wondering if anyone would have any exercise recommendations
to help strengthen and rebuild her right side? Please send responses to me
to keep the list uncluttered. Thanks!

Shannon LVT