anyone use "Happy Mouth" bits?

Anyone using the apple scented plastic bits?  Thought about using the Kimberwicke version as a light-weight alternative to my sweet-iron mullen bit.  Besides, who needs an excuse to try a new bit??  ;-)

Also, I've wondered why don't horses mouths get sore from carrying a bit?  Or do they and we just don't notice because we can't see in there?  Is that why lots of folks use vosals and hacks?

Maybe I should buy the S&M variety human bit at a porn shop and try carrying a bit around in my mouth myself for a day or two and report back...  Heh heh!!  (JUST KIDDING)

TIA -

Michelle & Rhythm ("pat parelli doesn't use a bridle, why do we hafta?")