Re: Wintecs

Regarding this statement...
"Anyway, back to the Wintecs, they're great saddles.  Hold up well.
Cannot be adjusted, so if the standard tree widths don't fit you're out
of luck.  A little searching will get you a better price."

Since I work at Dover Saddlery, I have had some exposure to Wintecs... the 500 series saddle, both the dressage and Sport now have a removable gullet plate, that has 6 different widths. It comes w/ the standard and for $15 you can buy from extra narrow to extra wide gullet plates. Doesn't mean you can restuff them, but it does seem to help w/ wither fit at least. A saddlery can do it, or you can too, just need a screwdriver to take out some holding screws....Anyways, these saddles are expensive... or cheap... $450-500, and if they made both the Aussie & endurance models in the 500 series, I'd be real happy!

BTW, what model endurance saddle from Wintec did y'all use? the 2000 or the Pro? I believe it's the Pro that has the longer looking panels and more dee's... if I can find that one, I'd buy it... or break down and buy it new, cause it looks real nice.

-Marlana Pitas and LL Rheebok  (mom, why do we need *another* saddle? just keep on riding bareback!)
South Attleboro, MA
http://users.tp.net/lrp