Horse wanted

We are looking for a (semi)? retired horse for my husband to ride...he is just learning to ride and so we want something steady for him to gain confidence on.
We would provide a retirement home on 100 acres of pasture in western oregon with two pasture pals.  He or she would be ridden 10-20 times a year on our trails that are dirt, not much rock.  When my husband gets enough confidence to ride faster and longer, he will start riding one of our other horses that are right now a little too advanced for him.  We would prefer not to go out of the NW for a horse.  Please respond to my e mail.  ablythe@columbia-center.org