Rice bran, again.

Subject:
            Dr. Pagan
       Date:
            Sat, 16 Jan 1999 12:35:52 -0800
       From:
            Charlie Thomson <double7@inetworld.net>
         To:
            info@ker.com

I did indeed read your post on ridecamp and although I may seem a little

volatile I assure you I am quite level headed in most cases.  I have
seen one to many articles circulated on rice bran that are based on raw
bran analysis and in short are full of holes.  For anyone who has seen
the
plate count on raw bran they would never put that particular form of
rice bran in their horses mouth unless they refrigerated or vacuum
packaged
it within approx. 72 hours of milling.

I am not a research scientist (thankfully) but I do have a lifelong
association with horses and I do sell horse feed.  I make no apology for

selling horse feed and as with all occupations some are better than
others.  Your post did in fact pick up my ears.  I hit your site but
your rice bran product was not to be found, please send me an exact url.

I am curious as to how you stabilize your rice bran and if you do in
fact use FODX stabilized rice bran?  I ask this not as a competitor but
purely out of curiosity.  The rice industry has been trying for decades,

using Bradley, Instapro and other stabilizers as well as cocktails with
massive amounts of preservatives to try and give rice bran a relative
shelf life with no success.  I have been working with Wolcott Farms and
Natural Glo for close to 8 years now and I have yet to see another rice
bran product enter the market place that did not in some way fall
short of FODX rice bran.  Since my brokerage extends to 3 western states
I do not have
a problem with giving your product the thumbs up and I do get a massive
amount of e-mail from around the country and world.

Because Henry Ford made the first car that in no way has stopped other
manufactures from producing quality automobiles.  I applaud you and your
work with rice
bran and it only means that all involved with the industry will have to
work a little harder and the end user reaps the benefits, rightfully so.

Best Regards,
Charlie Thomson,
Double 7 Equine Products.