Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:43:47 EST
From: kjz2@juno.com (Karen J. Zelinsky)
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Deep Pile Mystery
Okay, another thought came into my analogical little head .... if
there's paper piles for people, then, there's poop piles for horsies -
from what I just read, doing a PhD is us'ns spending a lot of time
digging a deep hole buried in papers in one mentally focused,
cortex-friendly place versus that horse mentioned -- pooping in the same
stall-cleaning-friendly spot - is that horse marking territory?  What
are they trying to say?  These horses must be a tad smarter than we
think they are - I guess kinda like guys (OR gals) who throw all their
clothes on the same pile!  Now, MY mare does the neat and tidy (thought
over?)poop-up-against-the-wall pattern, whilst the two geldings go where
the mood hits and the apples fall.  Also, she's an arab - they're not.
I would LOVE to hear a poop pattern report from the horse world (HORSES,
guys, HORSES!!!!! ).  Howdoes the "pattern" compare to the personality
of the producer?  Hey - it's a long winter, and what better things to
collect data on while cleaning, cleaning, cleaning the stalls?  I really
am interested.  Maybe the makings of an interesting article/study?
Boy, have I fallen into a lower-than-low zone after shoveling ---- and
----  all day (both 4-letter words - one is weather-related ......
Cheers!  Spring is getting closer!
Karen