Re: Deep Pile Mystery

Hey, Karen--
    My nice neat little mare is the biggest slob of all.  She goes
wherever the spirit moves her.  Sometimes I luck out and she
actually leaves her stall before doing her business, in which
case, most of it goes in one general place.  Her best trick is
to wait until I put down fresh shavings and then leave her hay
to walk deliberately into the clean stall to pee!
    My least trained gelding is the neatest and best.  He never
goes in the stall at all, and ranges the piles neatly along the
center of the paddock with a few scattered toward the rear.
    My younger gelding goes into moods--he is presently
going just to the outside of his stall, which is a big improvement.
Sometimes he gets lazy and forgets to leave beforehand, but
usually he seems to be copying his older chum and leaving a
relatively clean stall.  His biggest obnoxious habit is peeing
right on the hay he has spread out on the ground.
    I know this was a fascinating post, but I'm just humoring
my distant relative until she can escape the frozen north and
get her butt down to the wonderful FL weather.  Karen--
are you there yet????                   Linda