Re: Trails Issues

In a message dated 1/15/99 1:29:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skuykend@tax.state.ut.us writes:
 Taken from the article in Salt Lake newspaper....

> ``The biggest problem is not the trail, if it is kept away from
>  the park,'' von Khrum says. ``The problem is the horse parking right next
>  the church.''  No problem, explains Dan Medina, Parks and Recreation's
chief
>  of parks.   New designs moved the lot and if The Church of Jesus Christ of
>  Latter-day Saints agrees, the city will post signs banning parking of
> trailers
>  in the church lot. In addition, Sandy police officers will be authorized to
>  issue citations to violators on church property.

Angie, correct me if I'm wrong but, here in the South... if a trailhead goes
in next to a church, the church is quite happy to sell meals at ride functions
and charge extra $$ for parking.  All in the name of fundraising for the Lord,
of course. <bg>

Jackie Baker