rice bran-1 rat study

Hi All,

Another take on rice bran.  I had given my rat 2 cups of corn oil daily for
years to put, keep weight on him and didn't see a lot of improvement.  Started
unprocessed rice bran, quite cheap--$8.50 for 50 lbs in SF Bay Area--a year or
so ago just cause oil is messy and was surprised by the amount of weight the
rat gained.  In his case he may respond more than other horses to the oryzonal
in rice bran.   At rest I feed ~ 1 lb a day and up to 3 lbs when in
competition and he does great!  I do cut his goodies severely for 3 days
before a ride and eliminate alf, too,  so he grumpily eats only oat or grass
hay for those days--back on alf during the ride.