OK - how about biothane breast plates?

Campsters!

Thanks for all the S hackamore info.

So! Nnow I need something to hang it off should I decide to get one.
I currently use a bright yellow and black webbing bridle (catch a
peek on the URL at the bottom if you fancy) and EZ style (Blairs)
hackamore and, if a ride is hilly, a matching webbing breast plate
(hunter type breast collar thingy).

Now, I quite like the idea of the biothane gear.  Easy to maintain
and that, and it looks like I can get it in my colours (which is
extremely important!! <g>)......

So I got to thinking...how would my horse take to the relatively thin
biothane breast plate (my alternative purchase is a wide, fleece-
backed webbing one)? He got a sweat rash from the thin webbing one
I've already got (and yes, for all you method folks, it was adjusted
correctly for fit <g>)....anyone out there get sweat rashes from
biothane breast plates?

[I'm kinda swayed by the fact that Val Kanavy chose biothane (by the
looks of it - might be wrong here) for 100 miles in hot sweaty
desert, so it might mean that it isn't too likely to cause sweat
rashes? But then again maybe not - who knows why people chose
the gear they do??]

So yet again, another garbled, longwinded way of asking a
simple question - has anyone ever gotten a sweat rash from a biothane
breast plate?

Cheers!

Liz and Basil The Nag (telling people about my skin now?)
--

Dr E Carpenter
Institute for Cardiovascular Research