Re: why join AERC? Trails Conferences

>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:11:29 -0800
>To: LSimoni197@aol.com
>From: Nancy DuPont <htrails@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: why join AERC? Trails Conferences
>
>I AM SURPRISED THIS IS PUT TO A VOTE, AERC IS CONSPICUOUS BY THEIR ABSENCE
AT THE NATIONAL TRAILS CONFERENCES.  WE CAN'T EVEN FIND A HORSE PERSON TO
BE ON THE AMERICAN TRAILS BOARD OF DIRECTORS THIS YEAR.  SO WE DO WITHOUT!
IMAGINE NOT BEING REPRESENTED NATIONALLY ON SUCH A SIGNIFICANT BOARD?  I
PUT MY TIME IN,  GEORGE PUT HIS IN, HULET EVEN REPRESENTED US BUT HE JUST
WENT OFF THE BOARD.
>THERE ARE HIKERS, BICYCLERS, MOTOR BIKERS, SNOW MOBILERS, BUT NO HORSE
PEOPLE.

>IF AERC WANTS TO KNOW JUST HOW IMPORTANT IT IS, CONTACT HERITAGE TRAILS,
NANCY DUPONT, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AT (925) 937-7661.
>OR EMAIL PAM GLUCK, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF AMERICAN TRAILS AT
amtrails@lankaster.com.
>WHY DON'T YOU PICK A REPRESENTATIVE AND OFFER TO BE ON THE BOARD.  IMAGINE
THE CHANGES YOU CAN MAKE FROM THE TOP!!!