Re: More feed questions

In a message dated 1/12/99 10:01:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Try the old tried and true standby, corn, oats and barley.  45% whole
 oats (preferably recleaned, but not crimped or rolled), 30% barley
 (crimped or rolled) and 25% corn (also cracked or rolled). >>

What is the reason for your recommendation against crimped oats and rolled
corn?  I'm interested.

<< No alfalfa meal, no bran, certainly no
rice bran.>>

And why no rice bran?  I had always heard it was such a great product for
adding weight to a horse.  Please educate me.

Thanks,
Barbara