Re: Portable Corral Recommendations?

Bonnie, this is just what we did, and it worked out well for us.  After
looking at all the portable corrals available, we were concerned that
they wouldn't be strong enough for our up-and-coming youngster who likes
to use the rails like a jungle gym.

We went to a pipe corral manufacturer and gave them exact specifications
for 9 panels 7 feet long by 52" high that fit just right inside our
trailer (our trailer is too wide for an outside rack).  The panels are
two rail, 1 1/4" diameter galvanized and all nine of them only cost us
$190 including hardware.  Then we got two rolls of green plastic
construction fencing 48" high, cut it to fit the panels and fastened
them in place with nylon wire ties, so there's no room for a horse to
stick his head or a hoof through or under and they cant climb up the
side.  The construction fencing ran about $75, the wire ties another
$20, so the cost for the entire 16 x 16 corral (or larger if you use the
trailer as one wall) was $285 plus a few hours of time.

BTW, each panel only weighs about 18 pounds, so while it's not as light
as some other types, it's still easy for one person to load, unload and
set up.  Mounted tightly on an outside rack, they'd extend out about a
foot, though you don't necessarily have to have nine panels.

Any, just what worked for us.  Good luck!

Susan G