Re: Portable Corral Recommendations?

> panels on. I talked to Teddy Lancaster (Running Bear) at the Maryland Horse
> Expo on Sun and got a look at the Farnam panels that she sells. These are
> the lowest price so far, that I've found. I have checked out the

I have the Farnam corral, and I'm very happy with it.  The panels are easy
for me to handle alone (I'm 5'4" and about average strength for a horsey
woman :)).  I can unload it and set it up solo in 15 minutes (have done so
at ridecamps), though it is easier to set up if you either have someone to
help, or can start by setting up one corner against a tree (hard to get
started with 1-2 panels freestanding).  I ordered 4 add'l panels, so that
when there is room available, I can make a larger (18'x18') pen for
Lakota, so he can move around more.

Be certain you measure well, though, to be sure the panels will fit
wherever you plan to store them. Once they arrived, I discovered they are
just barely (seriously, just over an inch) too long to be mounted outside
my trailer (I have a tiny WW 2H BP, and the panels would block the feed
door if mounted on the outside). Since I haul only one horse to rides,
this isn't a big problem for me, as I had a welder modify my trailer to
carry the corral inside securely, turning the trailer into a modified
slant-load, which works well for Lakota, but wouldn't work for 2 horses.:)

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region