Fwd: drowning

In a message dated 1/10/99 11:47:46 PM EST, JANUSTUDIO@compuserve.com writes:

<< >And don't even think about taking your horse into water with a tie down on
 -- that's a drowning waiting to happen.<

 Saw a near disaster like that once with a tie down.  If it hadn't been for
 a friend with a cool horse and a nervy(sp) rider, that horse would have
 drowned. >>

There was a horse that drowned locally several years ago.  The guy had a tie
down on his horse, not a running martingale.  My opinion on this is: A running
martingale would be less of a danger, but I'd still take it off before
swimming with a horse (that is if I used one inthe first place)
Leigh

---- Begin included message ----
>And don't even think about taking your horse into water with a tie down on
-- that's a drowning waiting to happen.<

Saw a near disaster like that once with a tie down.  If it hadn't been for
a friend with a cool horse and a nervy(sp) rider, that horse would have
drowned.
Took my running martingale right off.
Also had a friends horse to flip his chin back to his chest chasing flys
and caught his lower jaw in the neck strap.  That was interesting.

Jan

---- End included message ----