(Fwd) carbs and sweet feed

You are asking a very good question.  In humans the results are
good when they just eat regular, easy to digest food, which contains
carbs during exercise.  Most sugars are good choices except for
fructose.  In humans it causes diarrhea and bloating, and I don't
know about horses.  I have often wondered why people don't just mix a
bit more brown sugar into the sweet feed or carry some with them and
feed on the trail in small amounts.  Would be cheaper!!!  Sue?
Beth