Re: Paddling

>Well, having followed you for a lot of miles, I can certify that Weaver
>doesn't paddle under saddle!

Yep, he only paddles under saddle when we are in the water <bg>

>And having watched him vet in at Tevis, I could see why they wanted to check
>him so carefully while he moved in hand.

I think he just wanted to make sure I got $275 worth of vetting!!!  Guess I
got my monies worth, eh?  LOL

I think near the end of the season he was getting even worse (with being
lazy).  The horse sure has my #.  When somebody else trots him out, he
always looks better!   I solved the problem by carrying a whip once in
awhile - just by him knowing I've got it, usually wakes him up.  I think
what I need to do is pop him with it once or twice (though I haven't done
that yet, don't want anybody thinking I wail on my horse) <G>, and let him
know I mean business.  Since he *knows* he is smarter than I am!  LOL

Happy Trails,

Karen
& Weaver, 2,455 miles....sleeps thru vet checks but comes alive on the trail!